Get ready for a New Year of Gothic Events in Australia!
With every new year comes a calendar of Goth events both new and old that are perfect for embracing your love of the alternative! From large festivals to smaller events all around Australia, there are gothic events near you taking place throughout the year that you won't want to miss!
EMO PIRATE PARTY
- Information: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/d/australia/emo-pirate-party/
- Where: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide
- When: Various dates in January 2024- Check individual location links for details
- Cost: From $11.29
With themed drinks and prizes for the best dressed, you’ll want to get your pirate themed gothic outfit out with your best eyeliner and get ready for this epic party! Running in four major cities throughout January, the Emo Pirate Party is a great excuse to dress up and have a fun night out with friends!
An 18+ event, you’ll need to provide photo ID to enter the bar, and once you’re in this is an LGBTQ+ friendly event where you can be authentically yourself in every way! Find your nearest location and book your tickets early to secure your spot!
EMO NIGHT BENDIGO
- Information: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/emo-night-bendigo-tickets-770094101187
- Where: The Deck Bendigo- 131 McCrae Street Bendigo, VIC 3550
- When: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 9:00 PM - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 3:00 AM AEDT
- Cost: From $11.29
With a theme and the set list to still be set, this is an awesome party you’ll love to dress up for in your best Emo and Gothic wear!
A strictly 18+ event, you will need to provide photo ID at the door for entry; but once inside you’ll love the awesome music and atmosphere this party creates! Tickets sell out fast, so grab yours and secure your spot at the front of the stage!
CARPE NOCTEM VAMPIRE BALL
- Information: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/carpe-noctem-vampire-ball-tickets-764350842947
- Where: The Hall Brunswick - 400 Sydney Road, Brunswick VIC, Australia
- When: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 8:00 PM - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 12:30 AM AEST
- Cost: From $81.79
With performers including Venus Vamp, Xavier Switchblades, Vampi, Sarah EiDA, and LilliM Belydance Troup, your Gothic Vampire heart will be happy all night long! Enjoy light canapes, a small grazing table, and a full-service cash bar while you grace the event with your formidable presence!
Dress to impress in your best Vampire/Gothic fashion, whatever that may be for you, and let your creativity take control! From modern Gothic vampires to classic romantic style and everything in between, the best outfits will be in the running to win prizes from the event sponsors, so let your imagination run free!
- Information: https://ironfest.net/
- Where: Lithgow Showground, Lithgow NSW
- When: Sat April 20 & Sun April 21 (with a preview on Fri April 19)
- Hours: Fri 3pm – 6pm, Sat 9am – 6pm and Sun 9am – 4pm
- Cost: TBA
This annual NSW festival draws huge crowds of international and local attendees every year, and for good reason! With a huge range of local and travelling artists, performers, and many more attractions; this is one of the largest art festivals in the country and continues to gain popularity with every annual offering!
Perfect for lovers of Goth as well as Steampunk, Medieval, and more, Ironfest is a fun weekend packed with activity you’ll look forward to every year!
BRISBANE GOTHIC AND ALTERNATIVE PICNIC
- Information: https://www.facebook.com/events/219320864262985
- Where: Forest Meadow, Roma Street Parklands, Brisbane, QLD
- When: 15th June 2024 12:30 pm-5:30 pm, Official Afterparty details to come!
- Cost: Free to register, but BYO food and seating
- Tickets: Free Registration here!
- Sponsors: OtherWorld Fashion, Beserk, Dropdead Gorgeous, Voodoo lulu, Pandora Bassett Tattoo, Flagships
- Guest Speakers: Mel from The morgue at Rochedale, The Harajuku Fashion walk Brisbane
- Official After Party: https://www.facebook.com/events/217855717833484/
- Extra: Family friendly, no glass permitted, no weapons including those for LARP or costume, disability access
A staple event for Brisbane Goth, Lolita, Steampunk, Rockabilly and Alternative style creatives, this awesome picnic is always the event of the year! Perfectly family friendly, there are prizes on offer for the two best dresses attendees, so get your best costume ready and be prepared to go all out!
Stand out and fit in with friends in your finest Gothic outfit while you enjoy a picnic on a sunny Brisbane afternoon with fellow Goths! To enjoy this popular event, you will need to register to receive your wristband and bring along your chairs, blankets, and assorted picnic items!
GOLDFIELDS GOTHIC FESTIVAL
- Information: https://goldfieldsgothic.com/
- Where: Maldon VIC
- When: 2-4th August 2024
- Cost: Free
A slight change from previous years, this annual festival is now being run by the lovely and dedicated local Maldon community! Held in the gorgeous town of Maldon Victoria, your Maldon friends will welcome you warmly to this event for the Steampunk, Lolita, or Goth fashion community!
A smaller scale event than previous years, the now intimate weekend is sure to be a fun and exciting time for all Gothic fashionistas who join in the fun. Keep your eye on the website for further information to be provided regarding the new event format
WHERE CAN I FIND GOTHIC CLOTHING TO WEAR TO MY EVENT?
Whether you are looking for a whole new outfit or a special something to add to your existing collection, finding the perfect Gothic fashion piece is easy thanks to the huge variety of men’s and women’s clothing items at Otherworld Fashion! From Gothic men’s shirts and pants to Gothic women’s skirts, Gothic ball gowns, and dresses; you’ll be spoiled for choice!Also find Steampunk events in Australia 2024